[plug] [Slightly-OT] Computer for Paralysed

simon simon at plumtek.com
Thu Sep 15 16:37:30 WST 2005

Jonathan Young (jonathan at pcphix.com) wrote:
> On 9/15/2005, "Chris Caston" <caston at arach.net.au> wrote:
>
> >Yes but how about we try and build him a robotic exo-skeleton?
> >That would be even better.
>

> Careful!
>
> Next someone will refer to Stephen Hawking and the serious advice will
> come to an end...

Actually, has anyone thought about starting a project around this sort of
stuff? Maybe not for a robotic exoskeleton (:roll:) but input devices etc.....
I can imagine having some way to move the mouse pointer (chin? eyes?) and
speech recog would go a long way........

Its not out of the realms of possibility - maybe something to think about for
the hacker's nights?

--
Simon Scott
simon at plumtek.com