[plug] Back-up via SMB ?

Kai vk6ksj at westnet.com.au
Sat Sep 17 18:09:19 WST 2005

Hi guys and girls and those in between,

My webserver needs a clean reinstall, I have another machine ready to
copy all the files for use as an interim server until I've got my other
machine working again.

I'm currently doing this via smb, sharing a mountpoint on the current
server and mounting it on the backup server, then doing a recursive copy
(with flags set to keep file permissions) of all the files.

I mainly want to copy/back-up all my webserver data. Config files aren't
important because I only have a few services running and it won't take
long to get those working on the new machine.

This method is working but is there an easier, more practical way of
doing it or should I keep going with this ?

Cheers
Kai

--
Capture the memories, relive the moment