[plug] Xen is magic

Tim Bowden tim.bowden at westnet.com.au
Mon Sep 19 12:51:00 WST 2005

On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 11:35 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:

<snip>

> Any others here tried out Xen in production environments? Thoughts /
> comments?
>
> --
> Craig Ringer

I'm experimenting with it at the moment with a view to running an
external firewall and internal samba (plus other bits and pieces) which
should really be on different boxes.  With xen I am wanting to run them
on the same hardware.  I notice there have been a few posts recently to
the xen users list about just this sort of setup.

I also have run into the missing drivers issue (common network cards in
this case) however I hope it won't be too messy getting it to a stage
where I can roll it out to clients.  There are 3rd party .deb's
available so hopefully it won't take too long.

Tim Bowden