[plug] Linux training for home newbies

Mr E_T troll at arach.net.au
Mon Sep 19 15:06:33 WST 2005

On Monday 19 September 2005 14:43, Senectus . wrote:
> On 9/19/05, simon <simon at plumtek.com> wrote:
> > Arie Hol (arie99 at ozemail.com.au) wrote:
> >
> > Best thing I ever did for my father and his usage of linux was tell him to
> > stop bothering me with it.
> >

> > Funny thing was, once he was left to his own devices, he learned a lot faster,
> > and now on the odd occassion he asks me something its usually a good, pointed
> > question. He still craps on and on about how good Suse is and how much better
> > than Mandriva it is, but at least its only on the rare occassion I have to go
> > outside and beat up a tree for half and hour :)
> >
> > Linux is NOT windows - if youre not willing to sit and read a lot of
> > documentation, youll never 'get' it and therefore it wont be much use to you.
> >
> Agreed.
> Though abusive e-mails are not on, in any situation.

How about we split this into three questions.
1) Would a linux introduction course cut down on inane or basic questions ?
2) What would the course/series contain ?
3) Where or with who would such a series be held ?

I agree that inane questions can get annoying. That is one reason taht I asked the originating question in the first place.
I didnt expect that it would get to this extent.

--
regs MR E_T