[plug] Firewall Distros

Kev kdownes at tpg.com.au
Mon Sep 19 20:01:56 WST 2005

I agree with him!!  I use IPcop - it seems to be kept well current.  Was
using Smoothwall.  Appears to have a little tardier development.

Kev

Craig Ringer wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-09-19 at 19:42 +0800, Mark B wrote:
>
>>if it aint broken don't fix it
>

> I tend to agree. 2.6.x's netfilter doesn't add that much over 2.4's for
> most people. It has a bunch of new iptables modules and some internal
> improvements, but I haven't seen anything earth-shattering for the more
> common uses.
>
> My firewall is 2.6, but that's because it's a Sarge box. If you're
> looking for a pre-built firewall, I'd suggest taking whatever appears to
> be the best choice for your needs, without worrying overly about the
> versions of the innards. So long as it's kept up to date, of course.
>
> --
> Craig Ringer

Kev Downes
kdownes at tpg.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We use and recommend Xandros 3.0.2
There are 10 types of people ...
    ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!