[plug] Firewall Distros

Craig Foster craig at fostware.net
Mon Sep 19 23:54:29 WST 2005

What's in 2.6 that warrants an major kernel version upgrade?

> > In times past I've use SME server which also was a supurb
> distro with
> > fantastic focus on home/small office use..
> Had a look at Clarkconnect, interesting, but a lot hanging
> off it, ie web and mail servers, photo gallery. Really would
> use the box to separate all those servers from the internet.
> Very slick looking design and a good business model for Linux
> software dude :- Give em the software and charge for service.
>
> SME server won't make it due to my blind, unreasonable
> prejudice against Redhat.

Huh? What the?? It's a web-administered distro! You don't see the
command line or package management very often at all... Just the same as
I haven't noticed anything to say IP-Cop or SmoothWall came from a
specific distro, cos I almost never have to go CLI.

BTW, ClarkConnect came from a similar RPM base (eg
cc-firewall-3.1-41.i386.rpm)

(dancing very carefully around starting a flamewar...)
What's so bad about RedHat that it deserves such a summary execution
like that?