[plug] Xen is magic

Simon Marko s.marko at bigpond.com
Wed Sep 21 16:26:12 WST 2005

Craig Ringer wrote:

>Any others here tried out Xen in production environments? Thoughts /
>comments?

While I haven't tried it in production, I have tried (unsuccessfully) to
get the Xen0 kernel to boot.
This is the Xen0 that comes with FC4 BTW

I was impressed by the article in LXF and xen would certainly improve
the IT lab that I do at work (mostly with Oracle, PHP, Apache).
It would mean I don't have to go searching for $$$$ every time I need
another node in the grid, anyway ;-)

The problem I have is probably driver related as I hear others have had
problems with this area.

The last message I see when booting (I think) is the kernel sensing the
SATA drives and stalling
CTRL-ALT-DEL causes it to shutdown, though so I'm not sure what stage of
boot it has gotten to.

Sad, since I have 180GB of disk set aside for domainX filesystems doing
nothing...

::SimonM::