[plug] Split a 1.3GB file in half

Jonathan Young jonathan at pcphix.com
Wed Sep 28 11:26:55 WST 2005

Matthew Lambie wrote:

>Gurus,
>
>What's the easiest way for me to chop a 1.3GB file (2 hr MP3 decoded
>back into WAV) in half? I want to split it across two CDs and my car
>stereo doesn't support MP3.

Find an editor than can edit MP3 files as the file size will be much
smaller.

Find the half way point and split the file (duplicate the mp3 file and
delete alternative halves in the editor if you have to).

Then decode the two mp3 files back to WAV and burn to CD.

Sounds obvious, but it may be easier to trying to edit a 1.3GB WAV file
to do the same thing.

--
Jonathan Young
Director of PC-PHIX