[plug] Split a 1.3GB file in half

Jonathan Young jonathan at pcphix.com
Wed Sep 28 11:39:13 WST 2005

Cameron Patrick wrote:

>Matthew Lambie wrote:
>

>>What's the easiest way for me to chop a 1.3GB file (2 hr MP3 decoded
>>back into WAV) in half? I want to split it across two CDs and my car
>>stereo doesn't support MP3.
>>

>Last time I had to do this I used a tool called wavsplit.  It's
>packaged in Debian and Ubuntu, and probably other distributions too.
>
>Cameron

Obviously if there are better tools or specific tools for the job (such
as wavsplit) then Matthew will want to hear about them.

My solutions (previous emails) were just off the top of my head assuming
you need a quick and dirty fix...

If you have some more details, Matthew, such as disto, file sizes or any
other relevant info I / we might come up with something that you'd want
to use on a regular basis...

--
Jonathan Young
Director of PC-PHIX