[plug] help with SIP/RTP protocol

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Sat Apr 1 11:22:48 WST 2006

I need to get RTP to go both ways thru our firewall (Debian 3.1 iptables).
I have constructed the following, but it is not working.
I can see the packets coming from the workstation on the LAN, but I cannot see RTP between the firewall and the router.  I'm sure the firewall is restricting or filtering this out.
I've constructed the OUTPUT rule to be something like
$IPT -A OUTPUT -i $INT_IFACE -p udp --sport 49152:65535 -j ACCEPT$IPT -A OUTPUT -i $INT_IFACE -p udp --sport 7824 -j ACCEPT

The INPUT rule is something like:
$IPT -A INPUT -i $EXT_IFACE -p udp --sport 49152:65535 -j ACCEPT
$IPT -A INPUT -i $EXT_IFACE -p udp --sport 7824 -j ACCEPT

Does this look right?

Thanks