[plug] USB ports

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Sat Apr 1 15:47:45 WST 2006

Check /var/log/messages or the equivalent for usb eoor messages - I have
a couple of devices that trigger overcurrent shutdown when they see more
than 500ma total current draw.  Possibly another case of a linux driver
sticking pedantically to a specification and doze which does not so to
the user it looks like it works under doze, and fails under linux!  Also
some usb devices (apple macs with the keyboard usb ports are one) wont
even meet the specified current as they were meant for mice only.

BillK