[plug] Mythtv

Jim Householder nofixed at westnet.com.au
Sun Apr 2 19:36:58 WST 2006

Arie Hol wrote:

> On 2 Apr 2006 at 1:40, Jim Householder wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I finally got around to trying to get mythtv working again after seeing
>> the article in LXF75.  I've made much more progress this time around.
>> still have to manually (in /etc/rc.d/rc.local anyway) modprobe cx88-
> dvb,
>> but otherwise mythtv is working.
>>
>> Only problem is I cannot get SBS.  The scan for channels picks up the
> ABC
>> fine, but when I try the SBS frequency (571500000) I get a lock and
> good
>> s/n ratio, but then "Timeout scanning transport ID 768 - No Tables."
>>

> Details of SBS transmitter for Perth area available from :
>
> http://www.sbs.com.au/transmission/selected.php3?vtype=Perth&state=WA
>

> Shows the following details :
>
> Date: 01 Jan, 2001
>
> Location: Bickley
>
> Site Co-ordinates: Lat: -32 00 43 Long:+116 04 59 (Z:50 E:413397
> N:6457863)
>
> Tuning Information: Analogue Ch28 (527.198MHz) at ERP 600000W with
> Horizontal Polarity.
>
> Digital Ch29 (536.625MHz) at ERP 200kW with Horizontal Polarity.
>
> Digital Parameters: 64QAM; FEC 2/3; COFDM 8k; Guard Interval 1/8.
>
> Testing starts: NA Launch Date: On Air

Thanks for the replies.
Yes, I get ABC2.

Unfortunately the references and frequency suggested are for Perth.  I
live in Collie, with the transmitter located on Mt Leonard which is
about 30km east of Bunbury.

I get "no signal" on the 536MHz frequency.  I have yet to find a website
with details for the Mt Leonard digital transmitter.

I do get a lock on a transmitter using 571MHz, but critical information
on using the signal appears to be missing.  I'm not sure where I got
571.  It's left over from when I was trying to get things working a few
months ago, but what notes I can find from that effort associate it with
SBS.

Jim