[plug] [OT] Decent web hosts

simon simon at chrome64.org
Mon Apr 3 14:54:01 WST 2006

Hi all

Ive been through the cheap american hosts with what appear to be 56k modem
connections - Im over them.

Ive been through the local hosts who charge like wounded bulls for excess
bandwidth and have questionable bandwidth accounting - Im over them.

Does anyone know of a decent host who will charge a fair price for bandwidth
(ie none of this stupid excess bandwidth charges), has a nice administration
interface (for DNS etc), wont send me stupid domain renewal notices when my
domain still has 2 years left on it, has a decent setup so I dont have to wait
5 minutes for my page to render, wont count 304 responses as full GETs, has
ssh access/php/mysql/postgresql offerings and generally wont piss me off?

Is there such a thing?

Thanks

--
Simon Scott