[plug] Protecting Online Files

Jonathan Young jonathan at pcphix.com
Thu Apr 6 09:38:17 WST 2006

On 4/6/2006, "simon" <simon at chrome64.org> wrote:

>Bennett, Phillip (Phillip.Bennett at bestroads.com.au) wrote:
>>
>> What about some sort of terminal server access?  That way the files
>> would never leave the server.
>>
>> Only allow logins from the client IP addresses to stop unwanted access
>> etc.  There will never be any way you can stop a screen capture, or
>
>Youre right, you still cant stop people from photographing/grabbing the screen
>
>I was thinking that a really restrictive license would be in order, something
>along the lines that shortly after viewing all users are to gouge out their
>own eyes, cut off their own arms and set fire to their PCs to ensure nothing
>is pirated.

A better solution would probably be to get users to set fire to their
PCs, then gouge out their own eyes and THEN cut off their own arms.

I find it easier to set fire to things with full use of my arms and often
eyes will speed up the process too (we don't want to make this form of
copy protection too difficult or people won't be interested).

Cheers

- Jonathan.