[plug] VOIP suggestions please

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Fri Apr 7 20:09:54 WST 2006

W.Kenworthy wrote:
> yeah, openvpn should be *easier*.  I am also in the throws of
> reorganising my 'tunnels'.  Seems like they are starting to breed in the
> dark!

3 of my 4 tunnels were as easy as apt-get install openvpn..
edit the client.conf and copy the keys across.. *boom* instant tunnel

the 4th one is giving me constant udp write errors and timing out every 120 seconds, even though
it's passing traffic and pretty much working mostly.. and it's the local one on my lan here. all the
others are across the sea.

I was actually impressed at how easy it was to get going and have multiple remotes.. almost as easy
as cipe and without the kernel module. (I'm a convert now.. cipe is old news)