[plug] Catalogue Database (DVD, etc. titles?)

Eric S ews.mail at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 19:37:05 WST 2006

Daniel Foote wrote:

>> That leads me to a question
>> I have a Prop Win based database/POS system with thousands (7 years) of
>> manually entered EAN-13 and my own shortcodes that when/if I end up
>> movin=
>> it over to linux I will need to extract is there someone that could help
>> me with that?
>>
>> BTW the software company doesn't exist any more.
>
> I'll volunteer my help if you wanted it. Can't say pulling apart
> binary data is something I have a lot of experience in...
>
> I do actually have an ulterior motive... I wrote my own inventory
> system for the contents of my pantry, and I've been using that for the
> last nine months to track things. I would have liked to get barcodes
> automatically, but it seems that the data really isn't around. I've
> collected about 400 barcodes and descriptions over this time (all
> manually entered as encountered).
>
> I'm actually in the middle of rewriting the software at the moment, as
> I get time. When its done, it will likely be somewhat release-worthy,
> unlike the current one.

Thanks for the offer
Ill get back to you via email if thats all right.
I scanned Bernds reply before I went to work so I had a play with the data.
I think I will be able to do it myself but I will send you the files anyway.
What I need to do before this all matters is get a linux point of sale
program working, tested, retested and triple tested as this is my
livelyhood. (I have 3 i'm trying/testing at the moment)

Cheers and thanks all for the reply's

--
Eric S