[plug] Fedora 5 - Wireless - SMP Kernel

Walter Hill regfrem at connect.net.au
Wed Apr 19 16:05:09 WST 2006

Hello All,

I've installed FC5 on my AlienWare laptop (D9T). An SMP kernel has been
installed (dual core CPU). What I notice is that there is no driver for
the on-board wireless NIC (Atheros).

Previously I installed UBUNTU 5.10 which detected the card and loaded
the driver (can't seem to get WEP running on UBUNTU). When I upgraded
the kernel to an SMP one (Using UBUNTU's package manager) I "lost" the
wireless driver.

Is there a general issue with SMP kernels are wireless drivers? Or
should I just retrieve the kernel source and build my own?

At the moment it is either SMP || Wireless

TIA