[plug] boot loaders

Craig Dyke grail at westnet.com.au
Wed Apr 19 22:28:47 WST 2006

okay so this is gonna be like a real noob question but I am gonna ask
anyway.

I am currently using Lilo to boot my dual XP / Linux system (all good so
far)

I recently went through the pain staking process of looking into LFS.

As this uses Grub I installed it in the boot sector of the drive it is
on (yes two drives)

My question is, as Lilo is my main loader, can I tell it to look at the
boot sector of the
other drive and then have Grub come up and tell me what it can start?

The reason for this inane idea is because my main system has a few
wrinkles when it comes to Grub
and I have not successfully used it as such so have stuck with Lilo.

Advice appreciated. Some criticism expected.

Craig