[plug] linux on a dell inspiron 9400

Shannon Carver shannon.carver at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 11:48:50 WST 2006

Fantastic choice, I'll be looking at something like this in the next few
months I think. My Compaq is getting a little outdated, and as I'm using
Visual Studio for 90% of my work these days outdated is bad.. VERY BAD.

I haven't checked the actual specs of the laptop, but I presume the wireless
card is Intel/Centrino based? In my experience they've usually got pretty
good linux support, so I'd say its only a matter of time until that's
working without issue anyway.  You can always rely on ndiswrapper (ecch) for
the time being anyway!

Report back when you get the lappie, I want reviews, comments etc etc etc