[plug] linux on a dell inspiron 9400

meyerri meyerri at westnet.com.au
Thu Apr 20 13:14:11 WST 2006

---- Original Message ----
From: simon at chrome64.org
To: plug at plug.org.au
Subject: Re: [plug] linux on a dell inspiron 9400
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 04:59:50 +0000

>Tomasz Grzegurzko (tomasz89 at gmail.com) wrote:
>
>> Ah crap. Well, the ATI card may work, after you fight with the
>drivers
>> for some time....
>
>I believe ATI released drivers for the x1000 series a week or so ago,
>so I
>might be ok :)
>
>I dont play 3D games anyway, I only upped the card cos the default
>one chews
>system ram.

Most of what I've been reading on the Linux-on-laptop sites say that
3D drivers seem to prevent clean suspend/resume to memory or disk, so
you may not need them anyway ... ;-)

How's that for turning a disadvantage into an advantage?

Cheers
RM

PS, I'm customizing my 6400 at the moment, and my cost is $2,884 so
far - ouch!