[plug] linux on a dell inspiron 9400

simon simon at chrome64.org
Thu Apr 20 15:06:24 WST 2006

meyerri (meyerri at westnet.com.au) wrote:

> In the old days (when I was young and good-looking), someone I knew
> took his Apple ][ and put the floppy drives on top and the small
> Aplle screen (about 7") on top of that, and fastened it all up with a
> luggage strap. He used to bring it to our Amateur Computer Club
> meetings.

Is that like the guys who used to nail their spectrums and ram expansion to
lumps of wood to try to fix the dreaded "ram-pack wobble"? :)

> ... and it didn't run Linux ... just to keep more-or-less on-topic.
>
> ... and I've seen and used an old Compaq Portable - see
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compaq

Ive seen a few of those around, mostly at the recycling plant :) Never had the
(mis)fortune to use one though.

My SXes are detailed here - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SX-64 - yes, it
really says 10.5 Kgs. I think this might be a misprint. They seem much heavier
:)

These things wouldnt run linux, however they would run lunix, the unix variant
for the commodore 64.

There, back on topic :)

--
Simon Scott