[plug] Plug face on TV - oh no!!

Daniel J. Axtens danielax at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 20:39:57 WST 2006

On 4/20/06, Mark J Gaynor <mark at mjg.id.au> wrote:
> Way to go Daniel!
> I caught the promo last week and watched the segment. I used
> to put that program and the news to air when I worked for the
> Channel 7 as a Director.

For those of you still scratching your heads, this thread refers to a
segment on Channel 7's Today Tonight that went to air last night
(Wednesday), featuring a sudoku solving program I wrote at school with
Delphi.

> I think I heard the words 'programming genius'  mentioned.

I think infomatics (computer programming) competitions are (in some
ways) a better measure of that...

> Does this mean we approach you on 'bended knees' now. (hehe!)

No. :)

For those of you who want to try it out, you can download it from its
very simple website at
http://www.willettonshs.wa.edu.au/home/daniel.axtens/

In the meantime, if anyone can decipher this message from Kylix and
tell me how to fix it without breaking my headless ubuntu machine,
I'll waive the bended knees restriction for them. :P

<error message>
/home/danielax/kylix3/bin/delphi: relocation error:
/home/danielax/kylix3/bin/libwine.borland.so: symbol errno, version
GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference
</error message>

I gather it's a problem that's arisen in changing libc versions since
that version of kylix was churned out in 2003.

--
Neuronstorm: neuronstorm.sourceforge.net
The Neuronstorm Blog: leinad-golb.blogspot.com