[plug] Fwd: Announcing Beta release of Ubuntu 6.06 LTS

Kev kdownes at tpg.com.au
Fri Apr 21 12:05:52 WST 2006

Senectus . wrote:
> On 4/21/06, Shannon Carver <shannon.carver at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>I'm one of those "weirdo" KDE users,

Moi Aussi!

>>Can anyone who's used a latter version tell me if Kubuntu has improved with
>>the latter versions 6.06 especially!

Very polished now.

>>Of course, you may ask why I don't just get Kubuntu working the way I like
>>it, or install KDE ontop of Ubuntu?  For me its not that kind of OS.  For my
>>laptop I want something I can stick the CD in and 30-45mins later I'm
>>presented with a GUI (aka WinXP :P), and everything just "works".  In this
>>Ubuntu is great, install went perfect, wireless/sound/video/usb all detected
>>perfectly.  The few times I tried Kubuntu, this was not the case at all!

> I think I'll download the new live CD/install from the live CD image
> this weekend.. I'll crank a copy off for you if you like?

They're all live now I think.  You boot the live CD, and if you like it
you can proceed from there to install it.

Kev

Kev Downes
kdownes at tpg.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We use and recommend Xandros 3.0.2
There are 10 types of people ...
    ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!