[plug] backups

Stuart Midgley stuart.midgley at ivec.org
Sat Apr 22 09:23:51 WST 2006

I completely disagree.

I use rsync to backup over a TB of data on a daily basis (with 10's
of GB of changed files per day).  It has many great features that
when used correctly make it one of the best backup solutions around.

Some of the features I use:
	incremental backups
	exclude certain types of files
	compress over the wire
	ssh for security
	can have multiple streams in action at once
	transfere whole or partial files
	restartable

and the list goes on.  Once you start using it correctly, it is
extremely flexible, fast and works really really well.

If you need assistance, or want to see our backup scripts, I'm more
than happy to help or post info.

Stu.

--
Dr Stuart Midgley