[plug] Interesting story about Open Source adaptation in Australia.

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 13:43:15 WST 2006

Not strickly Ubuntu or even Linux related but relevant anyhow (at least I
think so :-) )
http://australianit.news.com.au/articles/0,7204,18926793%5E15306%5E%5Enbv%5E,00.html

"

In moving to Moodle, Hughes has received strong support from his dean,
although he notes that the cost-free nature of the package is a key point of
interest to administrators.

"I had hoped to use the transition as a subject of discussion in one of the
courses I teach, which deals with the open source v proprietary debate," he
says. "I have to say that that idea didn't work very well. The students
simply were not very interested in it. As long as a software tool is simple
and reliable, and doesn't have a price tag, they're happy. They want what
works."

"

--
www.modmeup.net