[plug] 2006 Census - online

Jacqueline McNally j-conversations at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Fri Aug 4 14:21:20 WST 2006

David Lloyd wrote:

> Arie,
>
>> Is this a hint that the government and particularly the ABS is
>> starting to accept the fact that there is more than one type of
>> computing environment available to users.
>>

> You'd hope that the organisation designed to measure *diversity*
> would think so. For what it is worth, I did mine on Debian Sid's
> latest mozilla offering (I'm a stick in the mud) and it ran a treat.
>
> So much so that I gave them positive feedback and shock, horror - it
>  even let me choose *no relgion*!

A fellow from the ABS has just contacted me by phone to follow-up my
query. He explained that they have tested a lot of operating systems
including different flavours of Linux and asked specific questions about
which version of Linux and Firefox that I use. He further explained that
the census form will work much better than that of the pages displayed
in the user guide.

Rather than talking amongst yourselves, please consider submitting any
queries or concerns to the ABS so that the people who have implemented
eCensus have the opportunity to address them.

I believe that they are very earnest in wishing to make it accessible
and work smoothly for everyone.

Regards
Jacqueline McNally
OOoCon2006 in Lyon (http://marketing.openoffice.org/conference/)