[plug] How to build a complete Linux solution + app on a CD?

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Mon Aug 7 00:31:48 WST 2006

On Sun, 2006-08-06 at 22:56 +0800, Kai wrote:
> Fred Janon wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I don't know much about Linux, hopefully more in the next year, so
> > maybe you can tell me how to achieve this:
> >
> > I would like to be able to deliver a complete Linux + applications
> > (Java, Tomcat, mySQL + my custom app) preconfigured on a bootable CD to
> > my customers.
> >
> > I have seen and tried a few Linux distros bootable from a CD (I love
> > Puppy Linux, it is so small and still pretty impressive!) but I don't
> > know how to create a CD image that would contain Java + Tomcat + mySQL
> > and my app so everything would start at boot time without installation.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Fred
>
> This sounds like a great idea and I'm interested if anyone has any
> comments about it !
>
> Cheers
> Kai

Linux Format - LXF74 Christmas 2005 edition has an article on exactly
this.

I am NOT going to retype it, but hopefully you can find the article on
their website www.linuxformat.co.uk

It doesn't look THAT difficult (once you know what to do).

HTH
There are II types of people - those who can count like Romans and
those who can't.

Linux Counter user #306629