[plug] August Seminar Delay

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 08:31:48 WST 2006

On 8/9/06, Bret Busby <bret at busby.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 8 Aug 2006, Timothy White wrote:
>

> > There will be no Seminar tonight, due to a slack Committee.
> > We are in the process of organising with the mighty Adrian Woodly to
> > talk next Tuesday on the subject of Virtual Email Domains, using Exim,
> > Courier-IMAP, and postgresql/MySQL.
> >
> > If I am sufficiently better by then (blasted flu) and have had time to
> > prepare materials, I may present an alternative pathway using Postfix,
> > Dovecot (and Dovecot-LDA, both 1.0 RC's), MySQL, maybe with DSpam
> > thrown in. (Don't hold your breaths for this though, if I get the
> > time, then I'll prepare it).
> >

> Any chance of an inclusion of how to get SQwebmail running with Postfix
> and SpamAssassin?

I personally don't use SQwebmail, and I'm not sure if Adrian does
(although seeing as it's courier related, he may). From my quick look
at the SQWebmail site, it appears to be a fairly simple setup, as long
as you have the courier auth stuff setup, and deliver to Maildirs
(easy to do in postfix), no IMAP server needed.

It's been a long time since I used SpamAssassin (seeing as I moved to
DSpam a long time ago), so once again, another topic I'm not really
good for talking about.

I will point out, that I'm very happy with DSpam, and that with only a
few weeks of training.... (Stats for the 3 active users on the system)

TOTAL:
                TP True Positives:           1043
                TN True Negatives:           5660
                FP False Positives:            16
                FN False Negatives:           305
                SC Spam Corpusfed:             75
                NC Nonspam Corpusfed:           5
                TL Training Left:               0
                SHR Spam Hit Rate          77.37%
                HSR Ham Strike Rate:        0.28%
                OCA Overall Accuracy:      95.43%

Of course, that is with each user training there own email, and no
'shared' Token data. (All training is via a Special Spam folder using
a Dovecot plugin I developed)

Anyway, I'm starting to feel slightly better, so it's back to getting
on my feet!

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956