[plug] shared libraries that don't / aren't

Denis Brown dsbrown at cyllene.uwa.edu.au
Mon Aug 14 15:48:52 WST 2006

At 03:26 PM 14/08/2006, W.Kenworthy wrote:
>Using LDPRELOAD on the actual library help?

Thanks, Bill.

Tried that but complains that the library cannot be preloaded.   From what
I saw on Google, the library needs to be compiled to support
preloading.   Not sure if these are, or not.

So near and yet so far :-)

At one stage I even grep'ped the cacommd and cadbd modules to see if there
was a vestige of hard-coding of pathname in there.   But not it
seems.   E.g. libinterp.1.so is present but lib/libinterp.1.so is not.

... heads back to drawing board :-)
Denis