[plug] laptop

Adam Hewitt adam.h at staff.iinet.net.au
Mon Aug 14 20:07:42 WST 2006

Hi All,

I am about to start employment with a new company and have been given the opportunity to choose my own laptop. Obviously I don’t want to push my luck, however I was offered the suggestion of a Sony Vaio SZ which seems to be perfect. I will be working remotely, as the head office is in Sydney, so having a built in webcam for video conferencing is good and I have read good things about the Intel Core Duo. I have done some searching on google and I have found some semi-old articles relating to getting Ubuntu working on these laptops with average results (www.emperorlinux.com sell it preinstalled with linux so everything must work to some degree), but it wasn't with a lack of effort.

Does anyone have any personal stories with this laptop, or any suggestions for equivilent laptops?

Adam.