[plug] linux on an imac

Arie Hol arie99 at ozemail.com.au
Mon Aug 21 14:19:16 WST 2006

On 21 Aug 2006 at 13:47, Gavin Chester wrote:

> On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 13:38 +0800, Daniel J. Axtens wrote:
> > I may be wrong, but I thought you needed to hold down Apple-C....
> >
> > Daniel
> >

> Thanks.  Whether that combo, or any others suggested, it seems that no
> matter what key combo I try I can't get anything other than the
flashing
> mac/?.  Very frustrating.  I'd be tempted to think that I didn't
connect
> something internal correctly, but then it's a pain to pull it all apart
> again :-(.  OTOH, if I was doing it right I should be able to get to
the
> OpenFirmware even if the drives were disconnected, surely? :-/

Just guessing here -

Does the BIOS need to be told that there is a different HDD even though
the original HDD was replaced with a similar/identical HDD ?

Is there a particular way of preparing a HDD as a boot device in an IMac
?

Is the HDD configured as a slave or a master?

Like I said, just guessing here.

Regards Arie