[plug] linux on an imac

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Mon Aug 21 14:36:41 WST 2006

On Mon, 2006-08-21 at 14:05 +0800, Tomasz Grzegurzko wrote:
> Almost sounds like keyboard commands are not reaching your Mac..
> If you press option key you should get a list of potential start up devices.
>
> If you can't get OF, nothing, I'd test the keyboard / connectors..
>
> Tomasz

I was beginning to consider that option :-O

I have the original imac keyboard & mouse to hand.  Couple of things: 1/
would _any_ USB 104-key keyboard and USB 2-button mouse work to try as
an alternative?; and, 2/ could I be mucking up the keyboard function by
plugging a 2-button USB mouse into it in place of the sill one-button
thingy?

The keyboard seems active in other respects.  I can turn the imac on/off
with the keyboard and the status LED comes on under the 'capslock' key.

This is beginning to p!$$ me off.  Thanks for all your help, guys.

Gavin.