[plug] DLST - Evolution?

Carl Gherardi carl.gherardi at gmail.com
Fri Dec 1 14:15:45 WST 2006

On 12/1/06, Timothy White <weirdit at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 12/1/06, Carl Gherardi <carl.gherardi at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hey all,
> >
> > Dont suppose anyone has looked at/fixed the timezone files for evolution?
>
> It doesn't get the default timezone stuff from the system? Or is it
> more advanced than that?

[carlos at sorrow ~] locate Perth
/home/carlos/Desktop/Perth
/usr/share/evolution-data-server-1.6/zoneinfo/Australia/Perth.ics
/usr/share/zoneinfo/Australia/Perth
/usr/share/zoneinfo/posix/Australia/Perth
/usr/share/zoneinfo/right/Australia/Perth

I've fixed the zoneinfo on all my machines, and was tracking Outlook
Calendar issues, and noticed Evolution seems to have gotten the offset
wrong.
eg.
Book in (patched XP) Outlook for 21 Dec 10am - Send to linux user.
Evolution interprets as 8am (not 9am as expected due to above)

Raw request has:
PRODID:Microsoft CDO for Microsoft Exchange
VERSION:2.0
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:(GMT+08.00) Kuala Lumpur/Singapore
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-TZID:21
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:16010101T000000
TZOFFSETFROM:+0900
TZOFFSETTO:+0800
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:16010101T000000
TZOFFSETFROM:+0800
TZOFFSETTO:+0900
END:DAYLIGHT
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
DTSTAMP:20061201T060802Z
DTSTART;TZID="(GMT+08.00) Kuala Lumpur/Singapore":20061221T090000
SUMMARY:DLST Test 3 - 10am

I'm just about beyond caring at the moment.

(mutters about rescheduling Sunday cron jobs so they run)

Carl G