[plug] usb storage howto

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Sat Dec 2 17:54:47 WST 2006

On Sat, 2006-12-02 at 13:23 +0800, Arie Hol wrote:

> On 2 Dec 2006 at 13:07, Kev wrote:
>
> > Arie Hol wrote:

-snip lots of useful tips and debate :-) -

Thanks to everyone who contributed to educate me about my 'new toy'. I
was completely ignorant about these gadgets, and was still a
floppy/cd/dvd kind of guy until now ;-)

At the end of the day, you have the easy way and the hard way to do
these things.  My first foray into these gadgets was the hard way: think
that I had to work with the sd card as it sat in the mp3 player, trying
to format it, mount it and try and copy files across.  Big mistake.  My
second foray after all your advice was to go out and get an external
card reader: take card out of mp3 player, plug into reader, plug reader
into usb.  Result: automatically mounted and able to copy files across
like any other drive.  EASY :-)

I'm now listening to the mp3 podcast files that I've been downloading as
I type :-)  Now my wife's christmas present is complete:  I am giving
her the player with about 80 hrs (so far) of Radio National podcasts
since she always misses her favourite shows as they go to air live.  Ya'
got love ol' aunty ABC.

Gavin