[plug] wireless nic setup problem

Jon Miller jlmiller at mmtnetworks.com.au
Sun Dec 3 11:52:41 WST 2006

I'm having problems setting up my netgear WG511T 108Mbps wireless nic on my IBM ThinkPad A22m.  It uses the atheros chipset.  I'm using SUSE 10.0 OSS, YAST sees and cofigure the nic but it does not get an IP Address from the SpeedStream modem.  Although another laptop with the NetGear WG511v2 54Mbps on a Windows XP system is working fine.  Not that this proves a lot other than the DHCP is working.
I went to the website madwifi.org to check ut the document Newbie HowTo for wireless nic setup I ran into problems in the conpiling of the program.  Stating that 'cc: command not found
and only kernel versions 2.4.x and above are supported although the kernel version of this laptop is 2.6.13.

Jon