[plug] Daylight Rubbish

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Sun Dec 3 16:14:08 WST 2006

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006, Cameron Patrick wrote:

> Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 16:10:59 +0800
> From: Cameron Patrick <cameron at patrick.wattle.id.au>
> To: plug at plug.org.au
> Subject: Re: [plug] Daylight Rubbish
>
> jam at tigger.ws wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> has anyone built the zone files for Perth with the new daylight saving times?
>
> Matt Johnston at the Uni Computer Club did.
>
> http://matt.ucc.asn.au/time/
>
> Cameron

I have just installed that patch, and one thing that I found, in the
displaying of the time in the timestamp, is that the time is displayed
as "+0900 (WST)".

I realise that it may be regarded as a minor and trivial thing, but,
shouldn't that be "(WDT)"  ("Western Daylight Time", rather than
"Western Standard Time") ?

One thing that people like me will need to remember, in using Debian
Stable, is that, providing the etch is released during the summer, in
upgrading, we may need to reinstall the time adjustment patch (unless
it will be incorporated in etch)...

--
Bret Busby
Armadale