[plug] Daylight Rubbish

Gavin Chester sales at ecosolutions.com.au
Sun Dec 3 17:59:29 WST 2006

On Sun, 2006-12-03 at 16:17 +0800, Richard Meyer wrote:
> On a different tack - I installed the patch we were told about for rge
> DST change, and - poof - nothing. I had to set the time forward manually
> - which is not nice.
>
> I am on SUSE 10.1 - any ideas?

I was watching an item on ebay and trying to sychronise a snipe with
JBidWatcher and this time issue has been giving me hell off & on
today :-(. I then found this link specific to suse and WA daylight
saving:

<http://www.novell.com/support/dynamickc.do?externalId=3259426&sliceId=SAL_Public&command=show&forward=nonthreadedKC&kcId=3259426>

Basically, it says the patch is available from the usual repos.

I tried to be selective and not just do an across the board update, but
couldn't find any specific 'time' patch by name.  So I did a general
update, stopped trying so hard, and then let the package upgrades take
effect.  Then, both 'date' and 'hwclock' showed the correct daylight
saving time and I was able to get my desktop clock correct, too.  One of
the problems I saw early in the day was that some timeservers seemed to
dishing up the wrong time for most of the morning (at least to me eyes),
but that seems okay now, too.

Gavin