[plug] Daylight Rubbish

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Sun Dec 3 20:11:08 WST 2006

On Sun, 2006-12-03 at 18:24 +0800, Cameron Patrick wrote:
> Richard Meyer wrote:
>
> > Let us say for instance that it is now 19h16 WDT, so the hardware clock
> > should be saying 18h16 (set for local time), and the time display should
> > say 18h16, but it gives me an HOUR EARLIER ......
>
> Nope.  If you've got your hardware clock set for "local time", that
> should include any adjustments for DST; i.e. the same as what `date`
> spits out.
>
> Also check `date -u` (should display a time 9 hours prior to
> daylight-saved local time) and `date -R` (should display the correct
> time and a +0900 offset).
>
> Cameron

Ok, I did the date commands as you said, and they're as you said. Also,
amazingly enough as I was pressing Enter after the date -u command, my
time (as shown on the KDE desktop) just jumped forward 2 hours - to
20h10 - I am confused, but it seems to be working properly now.

Thanks to all.
There are II types of people - those who can count like Romans and
those who can't.

Linux Counter user #306629