[plug] Moving Running System to new HDD

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 00:30:29 WST 2006

> I realise it's not much help to you right now, but it might be a good
> idea to put LVM on the new drive so its easier to do this in future.
> Under LVM, you can install a new drive, migrate / to it, and remove
> the old drive in about four commands, and all without ever taking the
> system down (assuming you can hotswap hdds). Very neat stuff.

Hmmm, well this system was strangely built without / on LVM. So far,
all my systems seem to be / on a normal partition, and the rest under
LVM (including swap a lot of the time).

Say it was LVM, what would you do? (hotswap is out though, due to one
drive being IDE).

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956