[plug] dual-boot "gamers" machine h/w suggestions please?

Tomasz Grzegurzko tomasz89 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 7 11:04:32 WST 2006

> > The onboard sound should be fine for a while, but eventually you
> > should concider getting a sound card with a processor on board. The
> > reason for this is obvious...removing sound processing from the CPU
> > leaves more processing power for the game itself.

Honestly, after using Sound Blaster cards for years (originally in my
386), I can say anything onboard is pure crud. Get yourself an
Audigy-series card and some nice speakers (Logitech spring to mind)
and trust me there _IS_ a difference.

I've got an Audigy 2 ZS with Logitech z640 speakers and it is just
divine ;) Even that is three years old now but still quite excellent..

Tomasz