[plug] Invitation to SLPWA social function (and AGM) on Thursday

Ian Kent raven at themaw.net
Thu Dec 7 20:34:18 WST 2006

On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 00:20 +0900, Chris Caston wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-12-06 at 11:38 +0900, Ian Kent wrote:
>
> > What? You say!
> >
> > There's no such thing as Bachelor of Mathematics.
> > Well there was at Newcastle University (NSW).
> > And when I was their, I believe it was the only uni. offering a degree
> > in Computer Engineering in oz.
> >
> > Ian
> >

> It's late and I'm in cheeky mood but obviously your Bachelor wasn't in
> English ;)

Clearly, in fact I was a mature age student and, in the beginning I
failed my school certificate. When I went to TAFE to get uni. entrance I
broke both my writs during the first week of the course in a motor-cycle
accident and ended up doing only maths and physics.

So, yes, English is not my strong suit and there's something about those
little rules for there and their and to and too (and a few others) that,
no matter how many times I'm told them, I simply can't remember them!

Maybe that's actually a good thing !!

Ian