[plug] OO PRESENTATION

W.Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Fri Dec 8 14:59:50 WST 2006

OO sucks big time at this.  With later versions (2.x) it can be made to
work, but you get some small images and huge borders and no notes area -
looks wimpy.

In order to get a similar slick product to what PPT produces I had to
add a slide after every page containing the notes lines etc, then print
it as a postscript file (one slide per page).  I then fed it through a
script below to arrange it correctly on a sheet (6 per page) and create
a pdf for it.
_____________
#!/bin/bash

pstops -d
'6:0L at .33(20.75cm,2cm)+1L at 0.33(10.65cm,2cm)+2L at .33(20.75cm,10.5cm)+3L at 0.33(10.65cm,10.5cm)+4L at .33(20.75cm,19cm)+5L at 0.33(10.65cm,19cm)' $1 a0.ps
pstops '1:0U(21.6cm,28cm)' a0.ps a1.ps
rm a0.ps
mv a1.ps $1
ps2pdf $1
echo done!

Worked well, except some graphics took forever to print compared to doze
- I suspect its the printer drivers rather than OO related.