[plug] Daylight Rubbish

caston at arach.net.au caston at arach.net.au
Sun Dec 10 13:12:52 WST 2006

Quoting Alex Polglaze <apolglaze at book-keepingnetwork.com.au>:

> caston at arach.net.au wrote:
>

> It doesn't really make all that much sense does it. I'm tired out working. I
> haven't had a holiday since about 2001.
>
> What has that got to do with Daylight saving?
>

> Is your lifestyle that is causing your problems, not time.
>

> Personally, I am really enjoying the DLS. I make sure I knock off
> around 5.00pm and then do all my yard jobs that I would normally do on
> the weekend. If I have to, I do more work after tea. Now my weekends
> are freer.
>

> Yep, it works.
>

> Alex

Even one of the ladies at the IGA was complaining that she had to work later now
because of DST.

Sure you might have more time to go out to shops and restaurants and stuff but
someone has to staff them. Just like people now consider they have more time for
a computer tech to come around after they finish work.

I'm trying to stop taking machines home to rebuild/upgrade them because I end up
working:

* During business hours
* Evenings and weekends /public hols when people need aren't at work and they
need someone to look at their home PC
* All night because of fixing that damn PC that absoustely needs to be back tomorrow

I recently had one customer underpay one of by invoices for $50 because he
thought that one of my 7's was a 2 when I did a rebuild on his machine including
a new 80gb HD for $75. He claims he thought it was $25 and now doesn't want to
pay the remainder.

After that I sent a feedback form to Maccas telling that I live near their Perth
head office and would be happy to help them with their IT requirements.

I've decided that I should just get 2 or 3 very big corporate customers spend
most of my time supporting them at a higher rate per hour.

best regards,

Chris