[plug] MP3 player that plays .ogg format

Brad Campbell brad at wasp.net.au
Sun Dec 10 14:19:22 WST 2006

Nikhil Jogia wrote:

> ipod with linux installed?

Bugger that.. when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. There are some things
linux is good at, there are some things linux is very average at.

If you want a *real* mp3 player rather than a shoehorned linux install, check out rockbox.

http://www.rockbox.org

It runs on the iRivers (I have it on my h340), iPod's, X5, experimental port to the Sansia, the old
Archos models.. plays almost all known formats and its ogg decoder ain't bad. The user interface
could be termed somewhat agricultural but it's no harder to use and in many ways far easier than
most of the stock firmwares.

When my h340 finally bites it I'll be upgrading to a late model iPod and installing Rockbox again.

Brad