[plug] Dallas One Wire systems

Greg gmacham at bigpond.com
Sun Dec 17 16:21:20 WST 2006

Timothy White wrote:
> I understand that the 1-wire Dallas system works under Linux. I'm
> starting to get interested, especially in the area of temperature
> monitoring.
> Firstly, is there anyone on the list currently using this system under
> Linux, and can comment on it?
>
> Secondly, does anyone know of local shops/business that the system can
> be purchased from?
> In particular, I'm thinking of getting the USB adapter, with the
> weather station, and a number of temperature sensors.
>
> Thanks
>
> Tim
I have built a temp one wire temp sensor that connects to my serial port
and uses a digitemp to access results. I then push the data into
rrdtool. Theres not much to it a few diodes a resistor and the sensor.
Here is a link for some info that a colleague of mine prepared
http://martybugs.net/electronics/tempsensor/

cheers

Greg