[plug] Dallas One Wire systems

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 10:07:26 WST 2006

On 12/18/06, Jim Householder <nofixed at westnet.com.au> wrote:

> I'm not using it, but I have noticed options for it in the kernel's
> .config.  Check it for strings containing DALLAS.  If they are not
> set you will have to build a custom kernel.

I had noticed them a while ago as well. So I was more concerned with
locating parts, and what client side software was available.
For now, I've requested a sample from Dallas of the temperature chips
I need, and I'll have a go with the serial circuit Greg pointed me to.
I'm a little concerned though, that I can only run maybe 3 temperature
chips off the serial port, if using parasite power, as I would ideally
like to run 5-10 probes.

As for locating these chips in Aust, I'm not doing too well yet, but I
guess research is all I can do, and if I do get a sample and they work
well, then start calling every electronics company to see if they will
do retail! I have found one company that is apparently a representing
for Dallas, but have yet to contact them.

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956
Don't email joeblogs at scouts.org.au