[plug] Ubuntu - baaahhh!!!!! Humbug

Richard Meyer meyerri at westnet.com.au
Tue Dec 26 14:13:36 WST 2006

Hi there,

I decided to try Ubuntu on my lappy today (well, actually Mint, rather,
and then Ubuntu), and I had the most irritating time.

Both were quite happy to recognise the hardware on the lappy, so I told
them to go ahead and install. I had partitions set up for them to use
(formerly used by SLED 10), and both distros insisted that I hadn't
allocated a root partition, even though I could see it there - I can
assure you that if the lappy belonged to Canonical, Mr Shuttleworth
would be crying over the expense of piecing all the molecules back
together at this moment.

I am now trying the Alternate install, since I liked the fact that both
actually seemed to like my Wifi card immediately, but the installation
really does seem to need a lot more work.

Thought I'd just put something Linux-related on the list since we
haven't seen much lately, except for Dancing Penguins or WeTF the movie
is.  ;-)
There are II types of people - those who can count like Romans and
those who can't.

Linux Counter user #306629