[plug] [OT] NYE ideas?

Jason uq1 at hate-tank.net
Tue Dec 26 16:31:47 WST 2006

Well, this year I'm doing something different.

This year, we're probably going to go into Gloucester Park, which is $33
and you get to see some bands.

Usually, we start at home, drinking good beer, partying
with my fiance (who I asked to marry LAST NYE!) and another couple we know.  We
usually end up in the city, have a few more beers at the Belgian Beer
Cafe and then end up on the East Perth foreshore, cracking open a $100
bottle of champers and snacking on cheese, crackers and dip :)

I personally would like to do the latter again this year, but I'm not
much of a social butterfly and my fiance wants to party a little bit
more than usual :)

Really, don't think its embarrassing staying at home at all.  I usually
get a couple of invites to parties and decline them, only because I
don't find cranking up music I don't like at a loud rate and watching
people get themselves so drunk that they make fools of themselves that
much fun.

A lot of pubs in Perth are open, so get a couple of mates and just go
and sit and drink at a pub.  No entry fee, they don't usually inflate
prices for NYE, there is usually a bit of eye candy around and if you're
in a more upper class establishment, most people are responsible and
don't act like dickheads.

Anyhoo, thats enough of my semi-drunk rantings on boxing day :)

Hope you end up having fun and enjoying yourself no matter what you do
:)

Regards,

Jason.