[plug] Prevent Gateway from redirecting

Timothy White weirdit at gmail.com
Sun Dec 31 18:09:05 WST 2006

On 12/31/06, Daniel Pearson (Flashware Solutions) <daniel at flashware.net> wrote:
> Timothy White wrote:
> > On 12/31/06, Daniel Pearson (Flashware Solutions)
> > <daniel at flashware.net> wrote:
> > <snip>
>
> > And right now, you'd be surprised how often
> > we need to log into the VoIP box, which is a bit sad, so much for
> > things just working 99% of the time. (Although it seems to be fixed
> > now).
> >
> > Oh well, it's all working now, thanks for all the comments!
> Interesting.. out of curiousity what VoIP box are you using? I've had
> nothing but rock solid performance with both Linksys & Netgear ATAs
> (both Wireless and Wired equivalents..)

It's a Sipura 3000. I suspect it was Mynetfone who was at fault. And I
even rolled back the firmware to the version they recommend, and had
my settings exactly the same as theirs, which introduced more
problems! (The delay between pushing buttons and rule match, etc etc.
Mum dialed too slow, causing it to match a rule and dial. Part of the
issue was it would match a phone number of only 3 digits, rather than
not matching the "catch all" until 8 or more digits.)
The problem I was having seemed to be related to their end, because
the call would initiate, and the dialout would occur, but the audio
link back would fail, (in fact the whole back link seemed to fail).
After a few hours of this issue, I unplugged the VoIP box (this was
over Christmas), and plugged it in a few days later, and haven't had
any problems (now that I've enabled Debug syslogging, and fixed the
few problems their recommended settings have). Up until now, I hadn't
had a problem with the box, it was just last weekend.
So fingers crossed it'll be working just fine for when I leave,
otherwise I think a few long phone calls from Dad will be expected!

On that topic.... Anyone know if that 1800 number that allows you to
call SIP numbers is still running? Anyone got details on it? It would
be really beneficial to have access to that while I'm working away
from home!

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956