[plug] DB2 Express software download

Kev kdownes at tpg.com.au
Wed Feb 1 17:18:12 WST 2006

If you go through their login process (I already had an IBM login)
they'll send you the lot on a nice DVD completely for free.  :-)

Cheers
Kev

Richard Meyer wrote:
> On Wed, 2006-02-01 at 14:37 +0800, Arie Hol wrote:
>
>>For those people who want to get some exposure to using/developing for
>>IBM DB2 Universal Database Express there are free downloads available :
>>
>>http://www-306.ibm.com/software/data/db2/udb/db2express/download.html
>>
>>IBM are offering several versions for Linux and Windows
>>( including 32 and 64 bit systems).
>>
>><excerpt>
>>	IBM introduces DB2 Express-C, a version of DB2 Universal Database
>>	Express Edition (DB2 Express) for the community. DB2 Express-C is a no-
>>	charge data server for use in application development and deployment.
>>	Providing the same core data server features as DB2 Universal Database
>>	Express Edition, DB2 Express-C offers a solid base to build and deploy
>>	all applications including: C/C++, Java, .NET, PHP, and more.
>></excerpt>
>>

>>Regards Arie
>> For the concert of life, nobody has a program.
>

> And if you do download it, here's a good place to start
> http://www-128.ibm.com/developerworks/db2/newto/db2udb-getstarted.html
>
> and look for a Redbook called something like "Evaluation guide for DB2
> under Linux and Windows" publication number - sg246934

Kev Downes
kdownes at tpg.com.au  ph 0404 7 0808 2
We use and recommend Xandros 3.0.2
There are 10 types of people ...
    ... those who understand binary, and those who don't!